The Erosion Company
TEC is the largest and most experienced erosion control contractor in the Southeast. TEC has kept over 150,000 sites in compliance since inception in 1995.
Summary Description: Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Human Resources Sr. Manager is responsible for leading the planning and implementation of all HR practices and outcomes to help support and guide a growing and evolving organization as well as leading the HR team. Areas of accountability include payroll, talent acquisition, compensation, benefits, rewards, performance management, employee engagement and communication, payroll, employee relations, compliance and record, training, organizational development, safety and wellness. The incumbent must successfully meet the day-to-day requirements of Human Resources while maintaining a strategic and operational view towards business needs and goals, while upholding TEC culture and values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Culture Development & Employee Relations:
- Sets the tone and manages the employee relations strategy and approach
- Works with the Sr. leadership team to establish a sound plan of management succession
- Human Resources Strategy:
- Continue to evolve a Human Resources foundations and strategy, which effectively aligns with the company’s strategic vision
- Payroll, HRIS, and Related Systems:
- Accountable for the implementation of the technology tools/systems to drive efficiency and data accuracy within the HR function.
- Oversees management of full-cycle payroll and tax filing processes, including unemployment administration.
- Talent Acquisition:
- Develops and executes on comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans
- Develops best practice selection processes and leads the overall staffing process including seasonal workforce planning, staffing, and on-boarding.
- HR Team Supervision & Development:
- Provide direction, coaching, mentoring and development for the HR team including day-to-day supervision and accountability for the execution of HR department priorities
- Job Design:
- Partner with the company leadership team on organization structure and job design strategies.
- Policies & Compliance:
- Lead the development of and compliance with effective policies and processes
- Partner closely with operations leadership on oversight of workplace safety, workers compensation, employment law and other related risk management functions.
- Talent Development/Management:
- Responsible for managing and continuously improving talent development and training processes (new hire, supervisory, leadership), performance tools, coaching, and overall employee development approach. Work closely with managers on employee performance situations.
- Labor Model Optimization:
- Partner closely with key members of the leadership team to continuously improve the labor model including capacity and capability planning, staffing, scheduling, pay & policies that lead to improvements in service, productivity and talent retention.
- Effective Communication:
- Develops and drives channels for communication to employees, ensuring consistent and clear messaging throughout the organization.
- Total Rewards:
- Plays a key role in the development of the Total Rewards strategy and approach for the business.
- Serves as plan administrator of the 401k plan. This includes managing the relationship with the record-keeper and investment financial advisor as well as the overall evolution of the benefit.
- Office & Facilities Coordination:
- Responsible for coordination of office services, facilities. Responsible for company organization charts and the employee directory.
- Acquisition Support
- Ensure effective execution of HR-related acquisition diligence and integration. Actively supports new site openings and planning.
Education and Requirements
Education: Bachelor’s degree Human Resource Management, Industrial Relations, or Business Management required or equivalent experience. Master’s degree preferred.
Required Work Experience: 5+ years progressive HR leadership experience working in a diverse multi-faceted HR role with direct reports. Experience in a construction or related field crew-based industry strongly preferred.
Critical skills and abilities
- This position requires an individual who is a self-starter who can work independently managing multiple conflicting priorities projects in tandem with ability to nimbly adapt to changes.
- Growth Company Experience – Has played a multi-location HR management role in a company experiencing rapid expansion through organic growth and/or acquisition.
- Verified experience operating in a fast-paced business experience with demonstrated effectiveness in a multi-site organization, contributing to the development of foundational, impactful HR programs.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate as well as build effective partnerships within the organization.
- Strong and articulate communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong business acumen and viewed as a trusted and effective business partner across all levels of the organization.
- Well-developed leadership skills including the ability to inspire others, set direction/vision, drive innovation, get results through others, manage change, develop organization/team, coach, supervise and develop others.
- Srength in execution, including ability to set priorities and employ an operational, implementation and detail-oriented perspective
- Planning and prioritization skills – well developed project management skills.
- Demonstrated results orientation.
- Entrepreneurial – Demonstrated effectiveness working within an evolving entrepreneurial organization.
- Is a strong organization leader and is viewed as a go to person by employees and leaders.
- Proven experience in managing a total rewards strategy– including HRIS, payroll, compensation, benefits and recognition.
- Proven track record of successful talent and organizational design strategy – including recruitment, training and development, team member relations, succession planning.
- Proven competence in workplace safety best practices.
- Strong working knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations.
- Open communicator, excellent communication skills (oral, written, presentation, and listening).
- High ethical standards, trustworthy, approachable, agile mindset required.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet as well as familiarity with payroll processing, HRIS systems, and HR analytics.
- Willingness to continuously learn and be open to feedback to improve individual performance.
- Verified personal and professional values aligning with TEC.
TEC is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might be required.