The Erosion Company (TEC) is currently hiring a Sales Manager for the Charleston, SC market. We are the largest and most experienced Erosion Control contractor in the Southeast and we are currently expanding. TEC offers comprehensive erosion control, specialty materials, forestry, and other site clean-up/control services to a wide variety of clients.
The successful candidate will have a “Can-Do” attitude, strong work ethic and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. They will be responsible for driving overall growth throughout the Carolina’s and should be equally comfortable meeting with residential/commercial builders, construction site managers, project managers, estimators, and engineers; while continuing to canvas for prospective business and providing the same level of support to existing clients. You’ll need to have a strong sense of urgency, high energy, self-motivation, be disciplined, client/customer focused and ready to hit the ground running!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Drive new market development through strategic marketing, cold calling and prospecting throughout North and South Carolina for our full-service erosion control and site compliance services while continually managing existing customer accounts daily.
- Responsible for building market share and position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business deals while strengthening business relationships.
- Develop and set sales objectives, sales plan, and annual quota for assigned territory, focusing sales and marketing efforts to meet or exceed this quota.
- Identify and investigate planned projects, prior to contract award, and establish a plan to win future work.
- Maintaining and building a customer base by developing a strong rapport with key clients and working to establish new customer opportunities.
- Become a trusted expert in all areas that govern the erosion control industry, by continuing to educate oneself through reading, attending professional seminars and group activities, as well as maintaining a personal network.
- A minimum of 5 years direct sales experience in the landscaping, erosion control or other construction services area.
- Proven track record of annual growth through new account acquisition and organic growth with existing accounts.
- A passion for a potential client and customer engagement to create and deepen relationships.
- Exceptional people and presentation skills.
- High producing self-starter who is accountable for their daily activities.
- Proficiency with CRM systems.
- Must have current contacts and ties within North and/or South Carolina construction services markets for Residential, Commercial and/or Municipal.
- Construction Services background.
- Strong working knowledge of Salesforce.com; Lightning preferred.
- Ties to local Chamber of Commerce and local, state and/or federal Home Builders, and related erosion control professional associations.
- Prior Sales leadership position directly managing a team of sales professionals, a Plus.
- Certification is Erosion and Sediment Control, a Plus.
- Benefits package that includes; Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, PTO, etc.
- Competitive Compensation Package (base + commission)
- Car Allowance
- Growth Opportunities
- Additional / Ongoing Training
An Equal Opportunity Employer/AA Employer M/F/V/D